I Am In Awe of Williams Syndrome People

So in my search to try and figure out what is up with my brain. I stumbled upon a rare genetic condition called Williams Syndrome. I don't have it, it's a clear cut case either you have the gene deletion or you don't. I do share a lot of personality traits with people who have this genetic issue. 

Williams Syndrome people are extremely compassionate and affectionate. They have to be reminded that not everyone is a friend. Internet safety is a big deal right now in the Williams community because these kids are entirely trusting. 

Individuals with Williams share a love of music. I'm a complete audiophile. I could totally sit down and play music with these kids and have a great time. A lot of them are musically gifted and play instruments or sing. 

The worst part about Williams Syndrome is that kids with Williams have physical health complications that range in severity. Some live near normal lives, others have problems with their organs. The most common is cardiovascular problems. Stenosis is common. 

I think the world would be a much better place if we learned a thing or two from Williams kids. Just because someone is different doesn't mean they need fixing. Psychology has opened pathways for us to learn about each other. Psychological diagnosis shouldn't be something to be cured all the time. The goal is not to be the same. 

The goal in life, for me at least, is to be happy. To aid others in being happy. If I do nothing else with my life I want to be on my death bed and honestly say, "Well, now's my time. I came to a natural end.  I didn't take my own life." It seems like a sad stance maybe, but not really. I've faced the reality of my death, I almost completed suicide in 2001. Had a doctor tell me that I was almost successful. My brother saved my life. What I'd like to be able to give him in return is to never have to be afraid of losing his little brother again. I've hurt so many around me by holding myself hostage and I'm tired of living this way. I will figure out how to be happy. 

So with that said, I want to share a video of these kids with you. Listen with the intent to understand and embrace these kids, try to think about how spectacular they are. They are pure love. I want to work with these kids! 

Williams Syndrome Kids Are Inspiring!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unpacking My Bags A Bit More

It Hurts.

Listen To Your Tranpa!